grt: a package for GR computations in Mathematica
As there seems to be no up-to-date package for Mathematica 7.0 that performs GR computations, I wrote this little package. It's preliminarily called grtensor after the very useful maple package grtensor. It defines upper and lower indices in a different way though. In fact it does not share much with grtensor, except it computes all kind of tensors for a given metric.
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Even though I tested this with a couple of known metrics, there are probably still a couple of bugs in there. If you find them, let me know!
- October 15, 2010: first release on this website
For questions, commments and other feedback, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org, where firstname and lastname should be rather obvious.
- download one of the compressed files from below and uncompress or just grab grt.m
- Take a look at the sample notebook grt_test.nb (also contained in the compressed files)
- Adjust the path in the first Needs statement
Take a look at the sample notebook in the zip-file.
- Reloading a metric might be a bit tricky.